The History of Würth
Every story has a beginning. The story of the Würth Group began in 1945 in Künzelsau, a small German town in the Hohenlohe region. Over the course of many decades, the screw wholesaler developed into the world’s largest company for assembly and fastening materials.
1945
Adolf Würth, who had already been working in the industry for 20 years, founded a wholesale business for screws and nuts in Künzelsau. The company was entered into the commercial register on 16 July 1945. This date marks the beginning of the global company. Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG is the parent company and the largest individual company within the Würth Group.
1954
Adolf Würth, the company’s founder, passed away at the age of 45. His 19-year-old son Reinhold took over the business. That year, annual sales volume increased by as much as 20%.
1964
After the opening of the first Würth branches in, among others, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Austria, Würth Belgium and Luxembourg (Belux) followed on 1 April 1964, with its headquarters in Turnhout.
1990
Opening of the first Würth shop in Deurne, on Schijnpoortweg, next to the Sportpaleis.
2006
On 1 March 2006, Bettina Würth succeeded her father as Chairwoman of the Advisory Board of the Würth Group. Professor Dr. h. c. mult. Reinhold Würth became Honorary Chairman of the Advisory Board and remained Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Würth Group.
2024
Würth Belux NV celebrates its 60th anniversary. Today, Würth Belux has more than 400 employees. A field sales organisation of more than 200 specialised account managers and an extensive network of more than 32 shops ensure excellent service.
Evolution of the Würth logo
The screw has been the symbol of the company from day one. It is our trademark. The logo consists of a cylinder head screw and a round head screw combined with the Würth name.
1945 - 1973
1973 - 1983
1983 - 2010
2010 - present
